Our Common Ground
Too many Arkansans are left without a voice in a two-party system where the loud noise of extremism drowns out the majority in the middle. We are working to change that.
Arkansans deserve leaders that are focused on solving problems and doing the hard work of governing. Common Ground Arkansas aims to disrupt the current system by supporting commonsense leaders who are more accountable to the people than to a party and advocating for legislation and education that solves the real problems we face in Arkansas.
Invest in leaders
Find and support problem solvers loyal to the people of Arkansas rather than to special interest groups
Supporting legislation that addresses the real problems that Arkansans face
Protect voter power
Ensure that Arkansans retain a powerful voice at the ballot box with choices that inspire them to vote
Common Ground Arkansas was founded by Sen. Jim Hendren, an Independent whose career in public service has spanned more than two decades in the military and more than 15 years in the Arkansas legislature. He continues to represent portions of Benton and Washington counties in the Arkansas Senate.
We are proud to have a board that represents a broad range of the ideological spectrum. We have Democrats, Republicans, neithers. Despite some stark differences in political beliefs, our board is committed to a spirit of cooperation and civility – finding solutions by viewing that diversity of ideas as a strength rather than a weakness.
- LeAnne Burch, Monticello; Retired Brigadier General, U.S. Army
- Davy Carter, Jonesboro; Banker and Attorney
- Veronica Gromada, Bentonville; Attorney, Walmart
- Sen. Jim Hendren, Sulphur Springs; President, Hendren Plastics
- Mark Isbell, North Little Rock; Partner, Isbell Farms
- Mayor George McGill, Fort Smith; Mayor, Fort Smith
- Andy McNeill, Russellville; CEO, Denali Water Solutions
- Archie Schaffer III, Fayetteville; Consultant and Retired EVP, Tyson Foods
- Sam Sicard, Fort Smith; President and CEO, First National Bank of Fort Smith
- Nate Steel, Little Rock; Attorney, Steel, Wright, Gray, PLLC